Visa Information & Letters of Invitation for International Attendees
All international visitors should check and confirm current visa requirements to enter the United States with the nearest Consulate in your own country prior to departure. You should also check with your country’s embassy on any travel related restrictions or advisories that may be in place. PIHRA cannot be held responsible for travelers that do not confirm their visa requirements or obtain the appropriate paperwork to travel to the California HR Conference ® by Professionals In Human Resources Association (PIHRA).
When applying for a visa to enter the United States, it is highly recommended that participants apply early to allow enough time for the screening processes at their local U.S. Embassy. The U.S. Consular Services suggests travelers begin the visa application process at least 60 days prior to the date of travel, however, it is also recommended that travelers contact the Consular Services of their local Embassy to find out how long the wait is for an interview.
Should a letter of invitation be required as part of a visa application, a written request must be submitted to PIHRA via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: +1-310-416-9055.
For security purposes, PIHRA’s policy for issuing official letters of invitation for the California HR Conference ® by Professionals In Human Resources Association (PIHRA) is as follows:
- Letters of Invitation can only be issued to confirmed registrants, defined as those who have paid the meeting registration fees.
- After you have received your official registration confirmation, you should then contact the PIHRA Office to request a letter of invitation via email: email@example.com or fax: +1-310-416-9055.
- Letters of invitation can only be issued for the person registered for the meeting. We cannot issue letters of invitation for guests of participants.
- Letters of invitation are addressed to the individual who wishes to attend the event. To expedite the preparation of a letter, please provide the following information in your request:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- E-mail address
- Date of Birth
- Passport #
- Date & Country of Issue of Passport
- Period of Stay (dates)
- Meeting Registration Confirmation Number
Note: Obtaining a Letter of Invitation from PIHRA will not guarantee that your U.S. visa application will be approved. The letter is merely supplementary information that explains a visa applicant’s intended purpose of travel to the United States. The decision to issue a visa is the sole judgment of the local Embassy or Consulate. U.S. Embassy officers look at the totality of an applicant’s personal and professional situation in determining visa eligibility. PIHRA is unable to assist with actual visa processing.
Should issues arise during the visa process and you are concerned that you may not receive your visa in time for the conference; you should contact the PIHRA Office immediately. If you are not able to attend the conference due to visa issues, we will issue a refund your registration fee as long as the following two criteria are met:
- A refund request must be received in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or faxing (310) 416-9055, and
- such notice is made on or before August 14, 2017.
If we are not informed of your visa issues before the above date, a refund will not be issued.
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations must be received in writing and faxed to (310) 416-9055 or emailed to email@example.com. Fifty percent (50%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received by 5/31/17. Twenty-five percent (25%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received by 7/31/17. Refunds will not be granted after 7/31/17 nor will they be given for no-shows. Credits will not be issued towards future PIHRA events.
If you have further questions or require additional information, please contact PIHRA at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local consulate.