Apply to Speak at the 2020 California HR Conference
THE SUBMISSION PORTAL IS OPEN
CAHR20 Speaker Submission portal will close December 31, 2019. Apply to speak today!
Every year, you have a chance to submit your proposal and apply to speak (or refer an engaging speaker) for a coveted opportunity to speak at the California HR Conference, the largest HR conference on the West Coast. With over 3,100 practitioners, presenters, and providers in attendance, CAHR20 is the premier source of professional development and networking opportunities for HR professionals in California.
PIHRA welcomes presentation proposals from professionals with expertise in Human Resources and those who are committed to advancing the HR profession and willing to share best practices.
CAHR20 speaking proposals must align with one of the tracks listed below and clearly list key takeaways for attendees.
- California Employment Law
- HR Compliance
- Business & HR Strategy
- Global HR
- Talent Management
- Total Rewards
- Professional Development
- Nonprofit HR
#CAHR20 will be held from August 30-September 2, 2020 at the Long Beach Convention Center. Please note, while we do not provide stipends, honorariums or pay travel expenses for our concurrent session speakers, there are many benefits to being one of our speakers at the 2020 California HR Conference, including gaining exposure to a wide audience of HR and business decision makers. Snag the opportunity to highlight your expertise and position yourself as an expert among your peers in 2020. Apply to speak by submitting a proposal that will intrigue and enlighten the Conference Task Force.
If you haven’t attended the conference previously, to get an idea of our content offering, please view the 2019 Attendee Prospectus.
Crucial Tips To Be Selected as a California HR Conference Speaker:
- If you have applied to speak in the past, you may be aware that all of our programs require HR re-certification credit for both SHRM and HRCI.*
- Proposals that are eligible to receive HRCI Business, Global or California Credit will take priority over other proposals.
- Proposals that are original in nature and have not previously been presented at another conference or PIHRA related program will take priority; we do Google you.
- You have 1 hour for your presentation. Please ensure your topic can be effectively discussed with enough time for questions within that time frame.
- YOUR TITLE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS YOUR CONTENT.
- The title of your proposal is the first thing the committee reads when selecting a topic/speaker. Make it interesting and brief.
- Make sure your title is related to your content. Topics that don’t match their title will be relegated to the second or third round of the selection process.
- Most importantly, please apply to speak before the CAHR20 portal closes 12/31/2019. Plan ahead to get your submission in on time!
As a reminder, all proposals are reviewed and selected by a committee of volunteer professionals according to the criteria below:
- Originality of content (new and original proposals are prioritized over previously selected for other PIHRA events/CAHR Conference)
- Overall quality of content
- Well-defined focus, clearly listing (minimum of 3) key takeaways
- Practical application of material without promotion/advertising of products/services
- Evaluations at prior speaking engagements (if applicable)
- Ability to deliver an innovative, effective and stimulating presentation
- Willingness to provide handouts in addition to your PowerPoint presentation to ensure there are tangible/actionable items for the audience.**
*Obtaining HRCI and SHRM recertification credit is the responsibility of PIHRA. However, for us to submit your session to obtain the recertification credit, it needs to be an educational session of interest and applicability for HR professionals. It should provide educational professional development and contain a minimum of 3 key learning objectives/audience takeaways, which will usually make the program eligible for general credit.
**Handouts are provided electronically to attendees. PIHRA DOES NOT print handouts. Speaker will be responsible for printing handouts if physical copies are a part of your presentation.
The California HR Conference is hosted and curated by PIHRA – Professionals In Human Resources Association. PIHRA is an independent organization and is the largest affiliate of SHRM. Learn more at pihra.org.
Upcoming PIHRA Programs
PIHRA 2020 Legal Update
Anaheim | Riverside | Burbank | La Jolla | Rancho Mirage
2020 California HR Conference | August 30-September 2 | Long Beach