CAHR23 Exhibitor Terms & Conditions
Applications for rental of exhibit space shall be subject to the approval of PIHRA, and PIHRA reserves the right to reject applications for space with or without cause if PIHRA determines the rejection is in the best interest of the Event. PIHRA will contact the Exhibitor following submission of their Exhibit Request if it finds issues with the ability for the Exhibitor to participate. Upon acceptance of the Exhibit Space Agreement by PIHRA, its contents shall become a legally binding agreement for exhibit space between the Exhibitor and PIHRA. The Exhibitor agrees to accept and, when requested, to promptly respond to Event information sent via e-mail or any other method of communication.
- Character of the Exhibit Hall
The Exhibit Hall, sponsored by the Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA), is a professional show dedicated to human resources management. PIHRA reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any company, product or service and the right to restrict, prohibit or evict any exhibitor or product that, in the opinion of PIHRA, detracts from the character of the Exhibit Hall or for any violation of the following Terms and Conditions. In the event of such restriction or eviction, PIHRA is not liable for refunding exhibit fees, or any other costs incurred by the exhibitor. In particular, and without limitation, excessive audio/visual attention getting devices or effects, or offensive odors are prohibited. No copyrighted recorded or live music may be played or performed in connection with the exhibit.
- Terms of Payment
100% of the total cost of the booth space is due with each contract ($1000 per 10’x10’ space rented is nonrefundable). All cancellations and request for refunds must be in writing. Cancellations received before February 28, 2023, will result in PIHRA retaining $1000 per 10’x10’ space rented. Cancellations received between February 28, 2023, and April 3, 2023, will result in PIHRA retaining 50% of the total cost of the booth space. No requests for refunds will be granted after April 3, 2023. PIHRA reserves the right to resell the exhibit space without notice or refund after April 3, 2023. PIHRA reserves the right to deny exhibit space to companies that have overdue account balances with PIHRA or any of its affiliates.
- Display Regulations
Exhibitor must comply with all rules in the Exhibitor Service Kit provided by the general services contractor (and should review that Exhibitor Kit), as the same may be amended by PIHRA in reasonable fashion on reasonable notice to Exhibitor, including without limitation the following rules:
- No exhibit may block or interfere with a neighboring exhibit as determined by PIHRA.
- In-line exhibits: Maximum back wall height permitted for any booth exhibit will be 8’. Sidewalls of these exhibits may not extend more than 5′ from the back wall so as not to box in adjoining exhibitors, with a maximum height restriction of 4′ on the front 5′ section.
- Open areas or island booths: Exhibit fixtures, components and identification signs will be permitted to a maximum height of 20′. Full use of the island floor space is permitted, as long as no component exceeds the 20′ height restriction. Review the Exhibitor Service Kit for current rules.
- No nails or screws may be driven into the floor. No damage of any nature may be done to the booth structures nor to any part of the exhibit hall.
- Exhibitors will be charged a fee for any skids, pallets or containers left behind.
- All booth space must be carpeted.
- Subleasing and Sharing of Exhibit Space is prohibited. All signs, displays, and products in a booth must be related to the exhibitor’s company.
- Exhibit Space Assignments are made on the basis of priority, availability and need, with all assignments made in the best interest of the Exhibit Hall. PIHRA reserves the right to alter an exhibitor’s assigned space if it is deemed necessary in the best interest of the Exhibit Hall. Before exercising its discretion, PIHRA will consult with the exhibitor.
- Sales of Product or Samples for cash, check or credit card are prohibited on the show floor. Contracts and orders may be written for future delivery of products or services.
- Limitation on Room Drops. Exhibitor may not make any room drops at hotels within the PIHRA room block without permission of hotel and PIHRA; permission may be conditioned on payment of a fee or may be denied within the discretion of hotel or PIHRA.
- Displays and Exhibits in Public View are required to be appropriately finished on all sides and surfaces. If such surfaces remain unfinished at the start of the Exhibit Hall, PIHRA may authorize the official contractor to affect the necessary finishing and the exhibitor will be required to pay all costs involved.
- Damage to Property caused by an exhibitor will be paid for by that exhibitor. Do not paint, tape, nail, screw, drill or tack anything to the walls, columns, floor or ceiling of the building, adjoining displays or the official contractor’s display material.
- Exhibitors must have adequate insurance coverage, obtained at their own expense, with PIHRA named as an additional insured, for property loss or damage to themselves for liability for property damage and personal injury to others. PIHRA and its agents and employees assume no risk and the Exhibitor expressly releases them of and from any and all liability for damages, injury or loss to any person or goods, from any cause whatsoever. Each Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless PIHRA, its agents, employees, directors, officers and the Exhibit Hall against all claims, demands, suits, costs or expenses because of injury, loss or damages.
- Fire Department Regulations and All Other Applicable Laws and Regulationsmust be complied with by Exhibitor. Display and packing material must be flame-retardant. Electrical equipment must be UL approved and must be wired by a licensed electrician.
- COVID-19 Protocols. All in-person participants will be required to adhere to the prevailing state and local health and safety orders and guidelines, including requiring proof of vaccination status or negative test result and wearing masks in indoor public spaces
- Each Exhibitor Shall Indemnify, defend, and hold harmless PIHRA, the Exhibit Hall, and their agents, employees, directors and officers for all liability in any way related to Exhibitors’ exhibit or any act or omission of exhibitor or any of its employees or agents; including, without limitation, infringement of any trademark, copyright or other rights of any third parties, accident or injury to invitees, guests, exhibitors, their agents and employees and including loss or damage to personal property.
- Cancellation of Exhibit Hall. If PIHRA should be prevented from holding the event for any reason beyond PIHRA’s control including but not limited to any of the following causes: acts of God, accident, riots, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic (including the COVID-19 pandemic), quarantine, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, breakdown of web host, breakdown of internet service provider, natural catastrophes, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion, or generalized lack of availability of raw materials or energy neither Party will be liable for any failure or delay in performing an obligation under this Agreement, then PIHRA has the right to cancel the event or any part thereof, with no further liability to the exhibitor other than a refund of exhibit fees or transfer of funds to a future event.
- Exhibit Hall Location Rules. Exhibitor shall not cause any violation of the rules of the Exhibit Hall location.
- Food and Beverages must be purchased from the official concessionaire unless incident to the exhibitor’s product lines. Food and Beverage distribution must be approved by the event catering company in advance.
- Gifts and Contests. PIHRA reserves the right to prohibit, limit or discontinue the distribution of gifts, giveaways, or similar promotions. There will be no verbal announcements of exhibitors’ contests, drawings, or winners during the Exhibit Hall.
- Soliciting outside the confines of the exhibitor’s assigned space is prohibited.
- Labor and Contractors. Curtin is the exclusive General Service Contract for PIHRA. Exhibitors that plan to use outside contractors must notify Exhibit Hall Service Provider in writing no later than 60 days prior to the Exhibit Hall and must be pre-approved. Outside contractors are required to supply verification of liability insurance coverage. All labor must have local union clearance.
- Competitive Events, which distract from the conference and Exhibit Hall, are prohibited.
- Non-Exhibiting Companies, organizations, and individuals that supply products and services to PIHRA exhibitors or that supply products or services to PIHRA attendees may not promote or sell their services.
- Exhibitor Registration is limited to sales, marketing, management, and special booth personnel. PIHRA reserves the right to limit the number of exhibitor personnel.
- Installation, Show, and Dismantling hours and dates shall be those specified by PIHRA. Packing of exhibits prior to the close of the Exhibit Hall is prohibited. Exhibitor shall be liable for all storage and handling charges for failure to remove exhibits by specified time and date.
- Not Assignable by Exhibitor. This Agreement may not be assigned by the Exhibitor absent the written consent of PIHRA.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of California. The parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Los Angeles, California governing any disputes concerning this Agreement, and further agree that they are subject to personal jurisdiction in California in any such dispute.
- Merger Clause. The parties agree that this Agreement (and any other Agreement referred to herein) contain the complete agreement between the parties and supersede any prior understandings, agreements, or representations by or between the parties, written or oral, which may have related to the subject matter hereof in any way.
- Attorney’s Fees. In the event of any dispute concerning this Agreement, the prevailing parties shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees.
- Amendments to Rules and Regulations. PIHRA will have the full power in the interpretation and enforcement of all contract regulations contained herein, or in the PIHRA Exhibitor Service Kit. The ruling of PIHRA shall be final in all instances with regard to the use of any exhibit space.
Our team is here to help. There isn’t just one way to participate in CAHR22—the possibilities are endless. Connecting with your audience can be as unique as your product, let’s design something that works best for you.
California HR Conference™ by Professionals In Human Resources Association ©PIHRA All rights reserved.